Víme o duze nad Lesnou
Location: Pražský hrad, Hradčany
Author: Marek Jan Štěpán
Client: Agentura Schok
Proposal: 2007 - 2008
Photo: archive of atelier
The supreme burgrave’s house is historical sight, the oldest fragments of walls comes from 9-10th century . The position and office of burgrave was held by the highest state official, representing king.
Our architectural concept comes from following principles:
1. Respect historical buildings.
2. Using materials in contrast with historical ones.
3. Follow the scale of historical buildings, inspiration in the old arrangement of them.
4. Connection between old and new structure divided by gabs.
5. Abstract apperance of new buildings.
6. Space hierarchy of inside rooms.